Louvre Windows - Environmental Efficiency at No Extra Cost
The louvre window has become increasingly popular given its functionality to control & improve airflow through any building. The louvre offers greater ventilation than any other window type and can be adjusted to suit all weather conditions, making it a sound environmental choice. You can even leave them open when it’s raining.
Modern louvre windows use the Breezeway Altair system. This system consists of a gallery running the height of the opening which is screwed into the window frame. This plastic clip sits in the gallery & holds the louvre blade in place, preventing it from moving or rattling. The clip height size is either 102mm or 152mm and can accommodate glass, timber or aluminium louvers. The handle mechanism sits in the gallery & allows the louvers to be adjusted to any position from closed to fully open. A weather strip is fitted to the top & bottom of the gallery’s.
Louvre windows allow households to optimize airflow & can be adjusted to respond to a variety of weather conditions which help improve energy efficiency in the house.
Technical WERS ratings for a single louve with clear glass can achieve a U rating of 6.3 & a SHGU rating of 0.73. Double glazed louvers can improve these ratings to a U of 4.12 & a SHGU of 0.66.
· Keep you house cool all day by simply opening your louvers.
· Sleep well at night by using louvers in your bedrooms to let the fresh night air in.
· Ventilate toilet areas with louvers to clear the air constantly
· Keep you bathrooms steam free by using louvre windows which prevent steaming & assist in drying
· Remove cooking odours & heat by installing louvre in or around your kitchen
· Screen can be easily fitted to louvre frames which is especially important in bedrooms
· Security bars can be fitted to louvre frames in areas where there is considered risk
· Timber louvers can be used for privacy or to block harsh sunlight
The sizing of louvre windows is only limited in width with a maximum recommended width of 900mm. For wider openings a mullion can be used to divide the frame into banks of louvre windows. Height of louvers can be as little as 320mm. Each bank of louvers can be broken down into sections with a number of handles on each gallery to further optimize airflow through the building.
Louvre window handles & clips are available in 25 standard colours and anodized aluminium colour.